W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-qa-dev@w3.org > May 2004

Re: v0.6.6 Release?

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:52:19 +0900
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20040520105219.GA7418@w3.mag.keio.ac.jp>

On Thu, May 20, 2004, Terje Bless wrote:
> Also, I'm not entirely certain whether we should immediately
> branch+feature-freeze HEAD->0.7 yet; or whether squeezing in a few more
> features on HEAD first would be a good idea. I'm still too focussed on 0.6.x
> for this to have really gelled in my mind yet. Opinions?

I suppose it depends on which features you'd be planning on adding. We
have decided to try and release often, and not creep in too many
features for each release. That said, we seem to be embarking in a
rythm where we do several small, low profile maintenance releases (0.6.5
being a notable exception, given its timeframe, for the low-profile
aspect) for one feature-rich release... All of this with our own
viewpoint - what we view as "icing" may be perceived by users as a big

Therefore it would probably be OK to take our time for a feature release.
(reasonably so...)

> Bah! Spoilsport! How about two then? 0.6.6 ASAP, and 0.6.7 on the 22nd? :-)

If everyone's happy with the current state of the code we could push 0.6.6 
out as soon as tomorrow. As for 0.6.7 on the 22nd, sure! I just can't
guarantee which month.

Received on Thursday, 20 May 2004 06:57:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:54:46 UTC