Re: New checklink for testing

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 09:53, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> '/usr/bin/checklink' and '/usr/bin/checklink -h' gave me respectively
> nothing and a chunk of HTML (not a full page). I know, this is not
> something anyone will do after reading the doc, but improving this
> could be a wishlist item for a future version.

Thanks for the feedback.  This was such a small change that I
implemented it right away, running checklink without arguments now
outputs the usage message.  It does also introduce an incompatible
change, namely -h no more means --html, but --help instead.  -H is now
an alias for --html.

> No blocker, though, and I think we're good for a first release. OK with
> early next week?

Ok.  I re-rolled 3.9.1, with the change above and some other cosmetic
ones.  CVS is up to date and tagged, and the tarball is again at
http://koti.welho.com/vskytta/W3C-LinkChecker-3.9.1.tar.gz.

After this is uploaded to CPAN, I will create also RPMs of it.  At that
point, I'll revise the validator installation instructions and the RPM
package, removing checklink from it to avoid conflicts.  What do you
think, should we remove the old checklink from the validator CVS tree?