Re: [check] open bug roundup

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Olivier Thereaux wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > +1.  Then there's the issue how to mark docs that produce
> > errors/warnings in fussy mode.
>
> Precisely, that's where the complication comes from.

"Parsing [url] in [****] mode"
"Result: [pass|fail] (approx. n messages)"
IF mode has extra warnings:
	"Note: parsing in [mode] mode generates additional warnings
	over and above technical validation errors."

> In other words, the options we have at this point are, I believe:
> - make fussy mode optional and be happy with the fact tat it marks
>   documents as invalid. (+ s/lax/normal/ in the fussy mode note)
> - remove fussy mode altogether (comment it out)

If we term it pass/fail, we avoid that problem by not applying the
word valid or invalid to a document.  Problem solved.

But I still think we need a sensible warnings mode.
onsgmls -wmin-tag (as used in Valet Web mode and htmlhelp "warnings")
is IMNSHO the most useful for most of our users (except Jukka).

--
Nick Kew