Re: First prototype XML Validation Webservice

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Karl Dubost wrote:

> very interesting and nice interface

Thankyou :-)

> Be careful to the auto validation things. Just to avoid trolls.
>
> http://validator.w3.org:8001/check?uri=http://qa-dev.w3.org:8888/val.so

Ah, the xmlns: attributes.  I've updated the stylesheet to
suppress that.

> I don't see any problems, it's nice to have this output. It would be
> good to have a detailed explanation of what we get in return, type of
> messages, type of errors, DTDs if any etc.
>
> A manual :p

Ah yes, the drudgery bit of it.  Keep badgering me, and things may
happen - eventually.  Recruit more bodies to it and things might
happen faster:-)

> The output seems to come back on one line (maybe it's my terminal which sucks)
> if it's the case, maybe a formatted output would be better.

Hmmm, I never thought the EARL version was supposed to be human-
readable.  Too tired tonight to figure out whether there's a
Right Way to do that; I'd rather not use a hack.

> if you put Earl as the defaut namespace it will make the syntax a bit
> more readable :)

Done.

> If I have forgotten things I will come back.

I'll look forward to it:-)

--
Nick Kew