Re: Sensitivity training

On 31/10/2019 17:42, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
> Leonie wrote:
>
> It's common practice for organisations to offer "sensitivity" training
> to help employees with this, and I think it would be wonderful if W3C
> could offer something of the sort to chairs…
Vladimir  replied:

> While I am supportive of the idea in general, I think we need to come up
> with a better name for it. It is true that many organizations offer
> “sensitivity training” to their employees but from what I’ve heard (no
> personal experience with it!) – this is often “offered” as a punitive
> action, when someone has done/said something improper.

I'm not fond of the title either. I know some organisations only offer
it to employees after concerns with their behaviour have been raised,
but others offer it as part of the induction or on-boarding process for
all newcomers.

Vladimir continued:

> Since our intentions are purely educational, maybe we need to come up
> with a different name, but I don’t have anything to propose off the top
> of my head.

Perhaps inclusion training or inclusivity training? Naming things is hard!

Léonie.--
Director @TetraLogical