From: Lisa "Kersch" Kerscher <kersch@brightwayslearning.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 6, 2022 10:32 AM
To: Zheng Xu <zxu@wysebee.com>
Cc: Paul Belfanti <pbelfanti@gmail.com>; Wolfgang Schindler <w.schindler@pons.de>; Mateus Teixeira <mteixeira@wwnorton.com>; public-publishingcg@w3.org
Subject: Re: We have new member joining in!

⛔
This is an external email.
[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a/ALm5wu2KpCEh-Zv8b6oL3iIJwKjwW3jmIAV1l-ymJvvv=s80-p]
Lisa "Kersch" Kerscher <kersch@brightwayslearning.org<mailto:kersch@brightwayslearning.org>>
8:24 AM (6 minutes ago)

to Zheng, Paul, Wolfgang, Mateus, public-publishingcg@w3.org<mailto:public-publishingcg@w3.org>

Sure, I'd be happy to!

I am Lisa Kerscher, and I live in Montana, USA. For nearly 18 years, I have been working for the K-12 educational nonprofit organization BrightwaysLearning.org and am currently the Education Director. My background is steeped in the sciences - especially ecology, wildlife biology, and chemistry - as well as journalism and media. I have been a "science communicator", particularly in K-12 education, since about 1998. At that time, I became the first master's student at the University of Montana to produce an online journalism project. I was hooked! Along with serving at Brightways Learning, as a consultant I've been producing K-12 STEM curriculum. This has included working with indigenous educators in Alaska to support development of culturally relevant/responsive learning related to climate change and community resilience. My role and applied skills tend to be in the product development and user experience areas, whether the format is print and/or digital. I have always been very interested in better understanding and better serving all learners through various modes and methods of communication and accessibility. I am so grateful to George for recommending that I join your group, and I am honored to learn from you all and hopefully find some ways in which I may also contribute and support our collaborative efforts. Thank you to each of you for being part of this community!

Thanks and Keep Connecting!

Lisa "Kersch" Kerscher

Education Director

she/her/hers