Re: We have new member joining in!

Lisa "Kersch" Kerscher <kersch@brightwayslearning.org>
8:24 AM (6 minutes ago)
to Zheng, Paul, Wolfgang, Mateus, public-publishingcg@w3.org
Sure, I'd be happy to!

I am Lisa Kerscher, and I live in Montana, USA. For nearly 18 years, I have
been working for the K-12 educational nonprofit
organization BrightwaysLearning.org and am currently the Education
Director. My background is steeped in the sciences - especially ecology,
wildlife biology, and chemistry - as well as journalism and media. I have
been a "science communicator", particularly in K-12 education, since about
1998. At that time, I became the first master's student at the University
of Montana to produce an online journalism project. I was hooked! Along
with serving at Brightways Learning, as a consultant I've been producing
K-12 STEM curriculum. This has included working with indigenous educators
in Alaska to support development of culturally relevant/responsive learning
related to climate change and community resilience. My role and applied
skills tend to be in the product development and user experience areas,
whether the format is print and/or digital. I have always been very
interested in better understanding and better serving all learners through
various modes and methods of communication and accessibility. I am so
grateful to George for recommending that I join your group, and I am
honored to learn from you all and hopefully find some ways in which I may
also contribute and support our collaborative efforts. Thank you to each of
you for being part of this community!

Thanks and Keep Connecting!

*Lisa "Kersch" Kerscher*

Education Director