Re: Thoughts on the future of EPUB 3

Hi Rick,

Absolutely—my thoughts are certainly influenced by my experience, which is
largely in trade. But I think some fundamentals still apply—we need to be
conscious of how our actions affect legacy titles and systems; the distance
between specification and implementation continues to loom large; perhaps
epubcheck could be used differently.

I would love to hear more about these sorts of issues in other contexts.
Higher Ed has a very different relationship to backlist than trade does.
EPUB seems closer to an interchange format than an end-user format in some
segments. As content gets more complex, the limitations of some reading
systems loom larger...

Regards,

Dave