Re: Thoughts on the future of EPUB 3

Thanks, Dave.  In reading your post, my perspective is obviously centered around textbooks and other educational material/courseware.  I found much of your prose, examples, and arguments centered around the trade book space, and not entirely true for textbooks, journals, and other publishing domains.  Do you think this is true, and the conversation could be segmented, or not?

-Rick

From: Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 8:37 AM
To: "public-epub3@w3.org" <public-epub3@w3.org>, "public-publishingbg@w3.org" <public-publishingbg@w3.org>
Subject: Thoughts on the future of EPUB 3

Inspired by the recent debate about EPUB 3.1 and backward compatibility, I wrote a blog post on the future of EPUB 3, compatibility, mistakes, and even old versions of EPUB being "good enough." I think there is much we can learn from the web on this subject.

http://epubsecrets.com/good-enough-a-meditation-on-the-past-present-and-future-of-epub.php

Thanks,

Dave