From: Marisa DeMeglio
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 3:51
To: Siegman, Tzviya
Cc: Ivan Herman ; W3C Publishing Steering Committee
Subject: Re: Wendy and Marisa on audiobooks

Hi Tzviya and all,

Thanks for the kind words about our video. We’re really glad to see it so well-received!

Please also feel free to share a direct link to the demo:
https://marisademeglio.github.io/worlds-best-audiobook/web/library/

I will soon finish the CG report, which will be a simple “spec” for synchronized narration. Regarding future directions, we can keep track of the input we get. I think the main types of feedback will be from:

1. Audiobooks producers who decide to create sync narration material
2. W3C (e.g. WAI, APA)
3. curious onlookers (from whom I’ve already heard “Do video!” “Support parallel highlights!” “Use this other spec!”)

And finally, the important piece will be who is willing to join us in doing this work if it continues. Like Avneesh mentioned, participation so far has been very light.

Thanks
Marisa