Re: F2F agenda ideas

Thanks Tzviya,

Under the rec/not rec track discussion we may want to look at what Process 2020 may bring on the table for a possible EPUB work. I would definitely ask Ralph to address this (I do not think I would be accurate in this).

On a higher level, we may (and I emphasize MAY) choose to establish a somewhat HTML5-like model for EPUB3 under the new rules, with quick updates and new features, without going through the somewhat onerous process we have now. Because EPUB3 should (must?) be able to incorporate the latest features of HTML5 as well as CSS, a way to do that easily would be very advantageous. (I realize the current EPUB document makes some blanket statement on using the latest HTML5/CSS, but we have to consider whether this works in all cases.)

Ivan

> On 8 Jan 2020, at 17:34, Siegman, Tzviya <tsiegman@wiley.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have put together some ideas for an initial agenda [1]. I have added names to some topics but not all. Please add your thoughts and suggestions, and we can work through this on our next call.
>
> I think it would be beneficial if we nominated one or two people to be chair for the day to help keep the pace for the day.
>
> I have been asked by Wiley colleagues to invite Avneesh and LĂ©onie to speak about Accessibility Awareness while they are here for the AB meeting. The timing that seems to work best for both of them is during the lunch break of our Publishing F2F. I do not want to impose on the meeting though. Will that work for the SC? I have not yet worked out the logistics of the talk, but Wiley will provide lunch for the SC, and if you are interested in coming to their talk, you are welcome to join us.
>
> Thank you,
> Tzviya
>

> [1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/12mOkAVcopnEA_-H1t_TQ0ocUKzgqeA1u-zcArPdsTss/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/12mOkAVcopnEA_-H1t_TQ0ocUKzgqeA1u-zcArPdsTss/edit?usp=sharing>
>
> Tzviya Siegman