Re: authorization for W3C to release names to the PBG SC

Although I originally advocated not identifying those not in good standing,
I now think we need both. If the purpose is recruitment for the BG or full
W3C membership, then:

(1) The members in good standing, which were eligible for TPI status
(whether or not they took advantage of it) are clearly prime candidates,
but

(2) There seems to be no reason not to see the list of all parties who
expressed interest in joining the IDPF, or perhaps were even past members,
because some of them might now be candidates for at least the BG, although
not as strong candidates as the members in good standing. (Though I admit
that when I saw the 300-some-party list a lot of them looked really dubious
to me.)

So what we probably need is a master list that clearly identifies those in
good standing, and of those, which ones are TPI members. And then we can
sort through the others for likely candidates as well.

--Bill K

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 10:35 AM 'Garth Conboy' via IDPF Board <
idpf-board@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I have no objection.
>
> Best,
>    Garth
>
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 8:51 AM Graham Bell <graham@editeur.org> wrote:
>
>> I seem to remember a conversation about this two years ago – the list
>> handed over for transitional membership eligibility should only have
>> included those in good standing. However, it’s fine to hand over corporate
>> names – no GDPR issues.
>>

>> Graham
>>

>> On 9 Oct 2018, at 08:22, AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Yes W3C Management did.
>>
>> The question is about IDPF board authorization for the W3C management to
>> share that list with the PBG SC.
>>
>> Also, I’d like more accuracy.
>> W3CM speaks about 128 IDPF members “in good standing”, George about 300,
>> the existing Website has 388 entries…
>>
>> Luc
>>
>> *De : *Graham Bell <graham@editeur.org>
>> *Date : *mardi 9 octobre 2018 à 08:17
>> *À : *AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>
>> *Cc : *Cristina Mussinelli <c.mussinelli@360publishing.it>, George
>> Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>, "PBG Steering Committee (Public)" <
>> public-publishing-sc@w3.org>, IDPF Executive Board <
>> idpf-board@googlegroups.com>
>> *Objet : *Re: authorization for W3C to release names to the PBG SC
>>

>> Didn’t they already get the list of companies as part of the original
>> handover? They must have. If they didn’t , how was transitional membership
>> managed?
>> Graham Bell
>> EDItEUR
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>

>> On 9 Oct 2018, at 08:09, AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Company names will be helpful.
>> Is the IDPF board ok for sharing this information with the PBG SC ?
>>
>> Best,
>> Luc
>>
>> *De : *Cristina Mussinelli <c.mussinelli@360publishing.it>
>> *Date : *mardi 9 octobre 2018 à 06:37
>> *À : *George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>
>> *Cc : *"PBG Steering Committee (Public)" <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>,
>> IDPF Executive Board <idpf-board@googlegroups.com>
>> *Objet : *Re: authorization for W3C to release names to the PBG SC
>> *Renvoyer - De : *<public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
>> *Renvoyer - Date : *mardi 9 octobre 2018 à 06:37
>>

>> Thank you fine for me
>> Cristina Mussinelli
>>
>> Inviato da iPhone
>>

>> Il giorno 9 ott 2018, alle ore 00:51, George Kerscher <
>> kerscher@montana.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi, IDPF Exec, and PBG SC,
>>
>> Please see Daves comments below. Dave has been looking in to this in prep
>> for the DAISY website revision.
>> I think this addresses Cristina’s concern.
>>
>> Best
>> George

*Bill Kasdorf*
*Principal, Kasdorf & Associates, LLC*

*Founding Partner, Publishing Technology Partners
<https://pubtechpartners.com/>*
kasdorf.bill@gmail.com
+1 734-904-6252

ISNI: http://isni.org/isni/0000000116490786