Re: slides from Pub Summit - will publish week of Dec 4

From: AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 15:16:32 +0100
To: Bill McCoy <bmccoy@w3.org>
CC: 'W3C Publishing Steering Committee' <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>, "pubsummitprogram@googlegroups.com" <pubsummitprogram@googlegroups.com>
Hi Bill,
Enjoy your break!
Luc

De : <pubsummitprogram@googlegroups.com<mailto:pubsummitprogram@googlegroups.com>> on behalf of Bill McCoy <bmccoy@w3.org<mailto:bmccoy@w3.org>>
Sociťtť : W3C
Date : lundi 20 novembre 2017 ŗ 15:12
ņ : "pubsummitprogram@googlegroups.com<mailto:pubsummitprogram@googlegroups.com>" <pubsummitprogram@googlegroups.com<mailto:pubsummitprogram@googlegroups.com>>
Cc : 'W3C Publishing Steering Committee' <public-publishing-sc@w3.org<mailto:public-publishing-sc@w3.org>>
Objet : slides from Pub Summit - will publish week of Dec 4

Hi Program Committee (cc: Pub BG Steering Committee):

I am gathering slides and confirmations of speaker permissions and uploading PDFs but we have quite a few still to go. That is in large part because we didnít organize this in advance - mea culpa Ė and also because Iíve discovered W3C is a bit cautious about things like not just presuming speaker permission.

Iím taking off this morning for vacation through Dec 3 and Iíve made the judgment call not to trickle them out  but to get all done and then email the ĎrevealĒ to all Summit attendees as well as do a W3C blog post wrap up and email to BG about the event when Iím back. If we have more BG news to communicate at that time that could add even more impact. I think we will by then also be ready to announce the Digital Publishing Summit Europe in Berlin next May,  in partnership with EDRLab.

The policy of Wendy Wels from IDPF days was always that some weeks delay in posting event slides was good to underscore the benefit of in person attendance so I donít feel too too badlyÖ but anyway thatís where we are.

Iíve already emailed a couple of you individually for help and I may ask a bit more of that (I should have some email connectivity during the next two weeks). Thanks for the help.

Happy Thanksgiving!

--Bill