FW: [read20-l] report from W3c publishing summit

-----Original Message-----
From: Read20-l [mailto:read20-l-bounces+kerscher=montana.com@mailman.panix.com] On Behalf Of Peter Brantley
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:23 AM
To: Read20 List <read20-l@mailman.panix.com>
Subject: [read20-l] report from W3c publishing summit

At Publishers Weekly, Jason Boog has a wrap up of the evidently very
future forward W3C summit -

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/trade-shows-events/article/75372-digital-publishers-find-shared-purpose-at-w3c-publishing-summit.html

"During a presentation at the summit, McCloy-Kelley shared a long list
of print formats that publishers currently can’t adapt as digital
books—mostly due to the technical limitations of eBook formats. These
included pop-up books, flap books, touch and feel books, and books with
more than 3,000 images. “We hope that our working with the W3C moves to
the place where we have more control for these formats,” she said,
looking forward to a day when a shared digital standard could include
digital publishing with virtual reality elements, augmented reality
add-ons, or other innovations yet to appear."