From: Ralph Swick [mailto:swick@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 9:31 AM
To: W3C Publishing Steering Committee
Subject: Launching the W3C Publishing Steering Committee - Welcome to the Steering Committee members

To: W3C Publishing Steering Committee,

A very warm welcome to each of you as we embark together on this combined journey to advance digital publishing technologies and core Web technologies as a unified platform for authors, publishers, distributors, and readers.

I am personally very excited about what we will accomplish with our newly combined resources.

This email marks the creation of two mailing lists for the Steering Committee's use:

1. public-publishing-sc@w3.org
2. member-publishing-sc@w3.org

Each of these lists is archived on the W3C site:

1a. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-publishing-sc/
2a. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-publishing-sc/

The archive of the public list is visible to all.  Usual current W3C practice is to conduct all work on such a publicly visible list.

The archive of the member list is only visible to those with a W3C "Member access" web account.  This includes all users associated with a W3C Members as well as those associated with a Transitional Publishing Industry (TPI) Member.  Usual current W3C practice is to use the Member list only for administrative details such as committee meeting logistics (e.g. teleconference number and password) but it can be used for other things that the Committee wishes to keep within the W3C Membership.

We will create additional tools (wiki, GitHub repository, issue/action
tracker) on request.

Once more, welcome
-Ralph Swick
  W3C COO, Architecture and Technology Lead