Re: A question on RWPM: why the 'metadata' tag?

Le 10/01/2018 à 11:01, Hadrien Gardeur a écrit :

> They don't conflict. All metadata defined in the manifest are metadata
> about the collection, while all the elements that you've listed apply to
> a specific resource.

So what's the progression direction if the collection says ltr and if
the specific resource says rtl and has more than one page? IMO, that
example alone clearly requires an importance order to be specified, the
directions are conflicting.

>     Example: the html document is in english, ltr with title "foo" while
>     the manifest, referenced from there, says the title is "bar", the
>     language is hebrew and the direction rtl. What happens?
>
>     Note: when I mean "conflict" there, I mean "what will be the expected
>     behaviour of a Web browser's rendering engine?".
>

> IMO, nothing at all. The browser will entirely ignore collection level
> metadata when rendering.

While Reeading Systems won't. That's an issue, see above.

</Daniel>