Re: A question on RWPM: why the 'metadata' tag?

+1; plus JSON-LD also advices not to use @ properties to avoid later clashes with possible new version of JSON-LD.

> As I already told Ivan earlier in this thread, JSON-LD is always a balancing act between pure JSON and its RDF output, and in our case (Readium) JSON and hypermedia are clearly the priorities.
> Keep in mind too that the goal for RWPM is slightly different than WP:
> we want maximal compatibility with the EPUB 2.x/3.x infosets, not just WP
> it's meant to be a generic hypermedia format that can be used for specific publications profiles (comics, audiobooks) as well as distribution (OPDS 2.0)
> This could easily be revisited, we'd simply avoid mapping identifier to @id in the default context document.

Personally, I do not see any problem mapping "identifier" to @id in the context file. This is also what we did for the annotation model[1] (except that the term "id" was used instead of "identifier"). It is clean and hides the RDF specific stuff from those who do not want to see them.

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/ns/anno.jsonld <http://www.w3.org/ns/anno.jsonld>

----
Ivan Herman, W3C