From: Romain i
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 05:14
To: MURATA Makoto
Cc: Avneesh Singh ; PubWG ; public-epub3@w3.org
Subject: Re: [a11y] Seeking technical experts to test Ace - the EPUB 3 Accessibility Checker

Dear Makoto,

  On 20 Oct 2017, at 01:20, MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

  A Japanese group for EPUB accessibility is very much
  interested in Ace.  This group is a part of Keio
  Advanced Publishing Lab.  I am the leader of the
  group.

Great, very much looking forward to your feedback!

  Now, Ace reports an error when accessMode,
  accessModeSufficient, or accessibilityFeature is
  absent.  We are wondering if Ace will suggest
  particular values of these metadata. Is such
  an extension already planned?

Yes, this is definitely on our radar, but we're not yet sure we can make it in v1.0.0.
This is tracked as issue #35:
  https://github.com/daisy/ace/issues/35

  We are also wondering if the use of Javascript might
  cause performance problems if Ace starts to examine
  all characters (e.g., whether every CJK character is
  in JIS X 0213) for example.

I'd be happy to learn more about any performance issue that you may encounter. Feel free to report issues directly to our tracker:
  https://github.com/daisy/ace/issues

Best,
Romain.