From: Romain [mailto:rdeltour@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 20 October 2017 7:44 AM
To: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Cc: Avneesh Singh <avneesh.sg@gmail.com>; PubWG <public-publ-wg@w3.org>; public-epub3@w3.org
Subject: Re: [a11y] Seeking technical experts to test Ace - the EPUB 3 Accessibility Checker

Dear Makoto,

On 20 Oct 2017, at 01:20, MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp<mailto:eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>> wrote:

A Japanese group for EPUB accessibility is very much
interested in Ace.  This group is a part of Keio
Advanced Publishing Lab.  I am the leader of the
group.

Great, very much looking forward to your feedback!

Now, Ace reports an error when accessMode,
accessModeSufficient, or accessibilityFeature is
absent.  We are wondering if Ace will suggest
particular values of these metadata. Is such
an extension already planned?

Yes, this is definitely on our radar, but we're not yet sure we can make it in v1.0.0.
This is tracked as issue #35:
  https://github.com/daisy/ace/issues/35

We are also wondering if the use of Javascript might
cause performance problems if Ace starts to examine
all characters (e.g., whether every CJK character is
in JIS X 0213) for example.

I'd be happy to learn more about any performance issue that you may encounter. Feel free to report issues directly to our tracker:
  https://github.com/daisy/ace/issues

Best,
Romain.

http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg