Re: [a11y] Seeking technical experts to test Ace - the EPUB 3 Accessibility Checker

Dear Makoto,

> On 20 Oct 2017, at 01:20, MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp <mailto:eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>> wrote:
>
> A Japanese group for EPUB accessibility is very much
> interested in Ace.  This group is a part of Keio
> Advanced Publishing Lab.  I am the leader of the
> group.

Great, very much looking forward to your feedback!

> Now, Ace reports an error when accessMode,
> accessModeSufficient, or accessibilityFeature is
> absent.  We are wondering if Ace will suggest
> particular values of these metadata. Is such
> an extension already planned?

Yes, this is definitely on our radar, but we're not yet sure we can make it in v1.0.0.
This is tracked as issue #35:
  https://github.com/daisy/ace/issues/35 <https://github.com/daisy/ace/issues/35>
> We are also wondering if the use of Javascript might
> cause performance problems if Ace starts to examine
> all characters (e.g., whether every CJK character is
> in JIS X 0213) for example.

I'd be happy to learn more about any performance issue that you may encounter. Feel free to report issues directly to our tracker:
  https://github.com/daisy/ace/issues <https://github.com/daisy/ace/issues>

Best,
Romain.