De : Garth Conboy <garth@google.com<mailto:garth@google.com>>
Date : mardi 25 juillet 2017 à 23:19
À : Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org<mailto:laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>>
Cc : Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com<mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com>>, "public-publ-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-publ-wg@w3.org>" <public-publ-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-publ-wg@w3.org>>
Objet : Re: Can a publication change over time?
Renvoyer - De : <public-publ-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-publ-wg@w3.org>>
Renvoyer - Date : mardi 25 juillet 2017 à 23:19

I made my comment on this topic on the definition thread -- likely matching the opinion of many of the "traditional" publishers in our midst.

To me publishing a publication on a publication date, is meaningless if the "primary resources" change thereafter.

Best,
   Garth

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org<mailto:laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>> wrote:
> It’s about a publication that is changing “on the fly” (with the understanding of the publisher/author, of course)

This is where thing may get muddy on the Web. In many cases, nothing will notify an author that a Web resource he has included in his Web Publication has changed. The Web is not a CMS. It can change suddenly because a picture embedded in the resource has been modified, because a CSS used by the resource has been updated (I use indirect modifications, but direct modifications of an html resource are even more obvious). On the Web resources are shared, control is shared, an author can't control the detail of all the resources he's using in a Web Publication.

So when you say "the understanding" Leonard, I understand "the understanding that a publication can change on the fly without his knowledge". It is what you mean?

Laurent