Re: candidate for FPWD of Locators for Web Publications

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 11:31:29 +0100
Cc: Tim Cole <t-cole3@illinois.edu>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
To: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>

> On 4 Dec 2017, at 00:05, Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for the heads-up, I will take a look.
>
> Note to self - in addition to nine issues filed here:
> https://github.com/w3c/publ-loc/issues
> ... there are also two issues with the "locators" label filed here:
> https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Atopic%3Alocators

Actually…

	https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/58

seems to be a misnomer, it is more related to the canonical locator. Maybe worth removing the label

As for

	https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/44

it was the discussion leading to the creation of the separate document; I would propose to close it with a reference to the separate repository.

WDYT?

Ivan

> Regards, Daniel
>
> On 3 December 2017 at 21:51, Timothy Cole <t-cole3@illinois.edu> wrote:
>> As its editors, Ivan and I feel like the current, 2 December Editor's Draft
>> of Locators for Web Publications [1] is ready to be considered by the
>> Working Group as the source version for our First Public Working Draft
>> (FPWD) of this specification.  While clearly not finished yet (there are
>> currently 9 open issues to be dealt with after FPWD, with more to come), we
>> do believe this draft has reached a maturity that it can profitably be
>> shared widely with other groups for the purpose of getting feedback,
>> constructive criticism, etc. Please take a look at the document and see if
>> you agree. The most recent updates were to make changes to Section 4.10
>> (Embedded Resource Selector) and to delete the separate section on fragment
>> identifiers (as discussed in our call on 27 Nov). An affirmative vote by the
>> Working Group is required to move this version forward as a FPWD. If there
>> are issues with this version that you feel need to be addressed before we
>> move Locators to FPWD, please speak up.
>>

>> [1] - https://w3c.github.io/publ-loc/
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Tim Cole