Re: PROV-ISSUE-648: Can schema be made a bit more jaxb friendly? [XML Serialization]

The proposed solutions leads to the possibility of multiple documentBundles being in a given document.

<prov:document
    xmlns:prov="http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#"
    xmlns:ex="http://example.com/ns/ex#">

  <prov:documentBundle>
    <!-- statements -->
  </prov:documentBundle>
  <prov:documentBundle>
    <!-- statements -->
  </prov:documentBundle>
  <prov:documentBundle>
    <!-- statements -->
  </prov:documentBundle>

</prov:document>

This is an interesting scenario we had not accounted for previously.

These document bundles are differentiated from regular bundles in that they do not support the prov:id attribute.  This element also does not have a corresponding concept in PROV-N.  I think this could cause confusion.  I do not know how to justify/explain an xml document with multiple documentBundles.

I think I prefer to option to enforce ordering of bundle constructors, non-bundle prov-statements, and xsd:any (see following) over introducing a documentBundle element that is not clearly differentiated from the existing bundleConstructor and which does not correspond to a concept from the DM or any other serialization.

  <xs:complexType name="Document">
    <xs:sequence>
        <xs:group ref="prov:documentElements" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
		<xs:element name="bundleContent" type="prov:BundleConstructor" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>

Also, I like the idea of leaving the schema as it is if a jaxb binding file can provide a solution and detailing that jaxb-specific solution in a FAQ entry, but I agree that making a change to the schema to prevent this issue from occurring would probably be the better and more visible solution.

--Stephan