Fwd: Tracking media-type registration requests

Is this helpful for anyone here?  Do we have tiocked numbers for our media type
submission requests?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Tracking media-type registration requests
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 13:51:48 -0400
From: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
CC: public-ietf-w3c@w3.org <public-ietf-w3c@w3.org>

An issue was brought up in the last liaison call (folks will see this
in the upcoming minutes):

> Plh: I need to better setup how W3C handles mediatypes but it's
> difficult to track media types at the IETF level.
>
> Barry: we can talk with Michelle about this for an update on the
> tracking system.

I have checked on this.  When one makes a registration request of
IANA, one should get a ticket number.  One can then go here:

    https://tools.iana.org/public-view/

...and enter the ticket number to get the status of the request.

If it's still "difficult to track" your requests, even with that,
please let me know specifically what's difficult, and what you would
like to have, and I'll see what I can do about that.

Barry