Re: ISSUE-595: Prov-xml subtyping needs to be marked in the document

Hi Stian,

I made some very minor edits that address your remaining comments.

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/rev/aaa68014f363

I believe all comments should now be addressed and I will move to close the ticket later this afternoon unless there are any remaining blocking issues.

Comments inline below.

--Stephan

On Mar 5, 2013, at 4:31 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Stephan Zednik <zednis@rpi.edu> wrote:
>> I did state that type inferences help with interoperability with non-PROV-XML serializations of PROV.
>>
>> Stian, is this section sufficient?
>
> I think this make it explicit that the xsi:type also means the
> prov:type is inferred. I assume this is also true for custom
> xsi:types.
>
> Therefore this:
>
> <prov:entity prov:id="tr:WD-prov-dm-20111215" xsi:type="ex:Workflow">
>  </prov:entity>
>
> should infer:
>
>    <prov:type xsi:type="xsd:QName">ex:Workflow</prov:type>
>    <prov:type>prov:Plan</prov:type> <!-- inferred -->
>    <prov:type>prov:Entity</prov:type> <!-- inferred -->
>
> as long as ex:Workflow is an extension of prov:Plan (and that schema
> is referenced through xsi:schemaLocation).
>
> Do we need to make this explicit as well?  (Not a blocker for
> publication of draft!)

I added  to the statement making explicit that the location of the schema defining the extension complexType must be known (through xsi:schemaLocation).

Yep.  Alternate attempts to phrase this sentence got mangled together :-(

> Also the below is no longer true:
>
>> The prov:type element is the only mechanism to explicitly declare multiple types for an instance or declare types that are not derived from the default element type.
>

> Given my assumption above.

With the extra elaboration on inferences I could remove this line altogether.