Semantics staged

From: James Cheney <jcheney@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 15:01:59 +0000
To: Provenance Working Group <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

I've staged the semantics.  The staged version is at:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/semantics/releases/WD-prov-sem-20130312/Overview.html

As I've discussed with some people offline, there are complications rendering MathML in some browsers.  The best I've found is Safari (which is what I use to generate the HTML version), and Firefox is readable (but buggy) but Chrome is not.  However, the document is valid HTML5 (which includes MathML), so this problem should go away over time.  Perhaps PROV-SEM should be sent to the HTML5/MathML group as a test case...

Please let me know if you see any other problems (not having to do with poor MathML rendering).

For readability in the meantime, I recommend using the editor's draft link, which calls the MathJax javascript library which will adaptively determine a way to render the math that works best on a given browser:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/semantics/prov-sem.html

--James
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.