PROV-ISSUE-616 (quoted-in-primer): Confusing use of wasQuotedFrom in primer [Primer]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:57:07 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-616 (quoted-in-primer): Confusing use of wasQuotedFrom in primer [Primer]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/616

Raised by: Simon Miles
On product: Primer

Public comment from Chuck Morris:

"I just looked over the provenance primer.  One thing I noticed is that the wasQuotedFrom relationship is very confusing semantically.  Take the example in the primer where Betty posts a blog entry with a quote from the newspaper article.  The provenance is expressed as (ex:blogEntry prov:wasQuotedFrom ex:article .) But that seems to imply that the blog entry was quoted by the newspaper article instead of the other way around.  I suggest that a better name for the relationship would be prov:hadQuotationFrom."