Re: Prov-XML mime type application

On Feb 23, 2013, at 4:07 PM, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> Couple of comments:
>

> "The information that follows has been submitted to the IESG<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2012Nov/0317.html> for review, approval, and registration with IANA". It is not yet. The URL was for provn.

I did pull that text from the prov-n html source.  I will update it to reflect the PROV-XML registration.  For now I will comment out the link until we have a PROV-XML link.

> "charset - this parameter may be required when transferring non-ASCII data across some protocols."
>

> I dont understand this parameter in general. What you wrote may well be right. However, If required, what should be the value?

I looked to the OWL XML media type section for direction on what to use for some values of the registration.

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-xml-serialization/#Appendix:_Internet_Media_Type.2C_File_Extension.2C_and_Macintosh_File_Type

> This specification.->. Please write ref in full.

OK.  I was following the example from OWL XML which was simpler. :-)

I will use the following ref.

PROV-XML: The PROV XML Schema, Hua, Tilmes, Zednik (eds), Moreau

> Are you happy to send this to the ietf mailing list for feedback? Or do you want me to? If you do, really send plain text in your message and not a link to the spec.

I can send it.  I just wanted to get feedback from you and Ivan before sending it to the IETF.

Can the plain text include the HTML source tags? (dd, dl, etc?)

--Stephan