Re: PROV-ISSUE-565 (rdfa-check): Do the suggested way of pointing to provenance work in rdfa [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

(I'm not following this discussion as closely as I should, so please disregard
if my comments miss the point.)

The original intent in PROV-AQ was that the new link relations will be
registered - the primary goal here was HTTP Link: headers.  The introduction of
corresponding URIs was intended to support RDF representations - I assumed that
the RDF URI would also be applicable to RDFa.

RDF representation was a somewhat secondary consideration, as the information
provided by these link relations was primarily intended to be used operationally
rather than semantically.  Initially, we were trying to follow what POWDER was
doing, but that seems to have become less relevant as our usage has developed.

I think the simple answer may be to just use full URIs everywhere (Link header
rel=, RDF, HTML <Link...>, etc.?   It's not too late to change PROV-AQ.

Ivan,

On a related point (not for PROV), you suggest the form:

     <head>
       <link rel="prov:provenance" href="provenance-URI">
       <link rel="prov:anchor" href="target-URI">
       <title>Welcome to example.com</title>
     </head>
   :

What is the primary reference you use to support this use of qnames/curies in
link relations? (XHTML 2 says something about this, but that seems a bit out of
favour these days).

Also, is this example complete, or should there be something that specifically
associates the prov: prefix with the given URI (like xmlns:zzz)?  Can you point
me to the relevant reference?

Thanks.