Re: PROV-ISSUE-378 (clarifyHadActivity): clarify hadActivity [Ontology]

On May 18, 2012, at 6:51 AM, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> PROV-ISSUE-378 (clarifyHadActivity): clarify hadActivity [Ontology]

> Raised by: Daniel Garijo
> On product: Ontology
>
> We should clarify the difference between prov:activity and prov:hadActivity (so people don't use prov:hadActivity in qualifiedGenerations).
>
> We could add a restirction on Generation:
> Generation subclassOf [ on prov:hadActivity max 0 ] .

^^ This is within RL and states the restriction that would prevent the confusion between activity and hadActivity.

> And, since the difference between activity and hadActivity is that the former is not optional:
> Generation subclassOf [ on prov:activity min 1 ] .

^^ min 1 goes against RL, which is why we've been avoiding them.

> Also, we should add an rdf:comment explaining this decision.

^^ Do you have a proposed comment to put in?

THanks,
TIm