Re: Difference between wasInformedBy and wasStartedByActivity

Khalid,

On May 3, 2012, at 9:02 AM, Khalid Belhajjame wrote:

> The example of workflow triggering a subworkflow uses this hidden trigger. Here is an example that actually specify the entity (or trigger) more explicit.
>
> :letterRespection a prov:Activity .
> :accidentNotification a prov:Entity .
> :accidentNotification prov:wasGeneratedBy :letterReception .
>
> :insurranceClaim a prov:Activity ;
>    prov:wasStartedBy :accidentNotification ;
>    prov:wasStartedByActivity :letterReception .
>
> Notice that :insurranceClaim does not use :accidentNotification, and therefore :insurranceClaim was not informed by :letterReception.

I don't think this is a good example for "implicit" entities between activities.

I would think that _something_ in that letter would make it into the insurance claim (and thus be "used").
Perhaps any of the following:
* the client that was in the accident,
* their account number,
* the date and location of the accident.

-Tim