Re: PROV-ISSUE-411 (tracedto-inference): Should tracedTo allow tracing across specialization relation [prov-dm-constraints]

From: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:42:20 -0400
To: Provenance Working Group <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

The constraints document allows for tracedTo to be inferred from derivation
> and attribution. Should the following also hold:
>
> specialization(e2,e1)
> implies
> tracedTo(e2,e1)
>
> I don't see any reason for inferring tracedTo from specialization - I
agree with Khalid's interpretation of tracedTo that links one entity to
another if the first entity played a role in generation of the second
entity.

Specialization is very different (at least according to current defn. in
DM) - specialization(car, vehicle). This clearly does not mean that car is
tracedTo vehicle.

Thanks.

Best,
Satya