Re: prov:Dictionary example - without the specs

I believe that accurately reflects what I was suggesting, and I think it has value, but before I go any further with that suggestion I would like to get back to the topic Tim originally raised.

I am also aware that the suggested membership relation in PROV-O and the idea I just suggested are different, with the previous suggesting casting the KeyValuePair as the entity constituent of a dictionary.

I see benefits to both approaches.

What are the thoughts on a general membership relation (range entity) that can be used in a dictionary to declaratively state that either a KeyValuePair or the value of a KeyValuePair is a member of the dictionary?

The idea being this relation could be utilized to assert members in other specializations of prov:Collection not defined by the WG and would be aligned with the current phrasing of 'member of' in the DM.

Is a generalized collection membership relation something we are just unwilling to to commit to?

If we are willing to try it, are either of these options palatable?

--Stephan