Re: ISSUE-385: hasProvenanceIn: finding a solution

(since identifiers are getting confusing, I'm rewriting my email and reorganizing the order of examples from top to bottom).

On Jun 6, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Timothy Lebo wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2012, at 2:23 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:

Luc/DM's prov-n:

>>> bundle tool:analysis01     # found at http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/working-copy/wd6-contextualization.html
>>>  contextualizationOf(tool:Bob1, ex:Bob, ex:run1)
>>> endBundle

would get encoded in prov-o as:

>>> tool:analysis01 {
>>>     tool:Bob1
>>>         prov:specializationOf [
>>>               a prov:Entity;  prov:ContextualizedEntity;
>>>               prov:identifier  ex:Bob;
>>>               prov:inContext ex:run1;
>>>         ];
>>>     .
>>> }

read "tool:Bob1 in tool:analysis01 is a specialization of the thing with identifier ex:Bob over in bundle ex:run1".

would get re-encoded to prov-n as:

>> contextualizationOf(anonymous, ex:Bob, ex:run1)
>> alternateOf(tool:Bob1,  anonymous )

Tim's response:

> Given your mapping back, I think I'm still okay.
>
> In my mapping, I'd just _name_ my ContextualizedEntity and use alternateOf instead of specializationOf.
>
> But why wouldn't it be specializationOf? Then, we get to "inherit" the characterization, which seemed to be your intent from the beginning.
>
> Any way it falls from here, I think this is close enough for me to be content.

-Tim