modeling macted's example

From: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:24:56 +0100
To: "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

I thought I would take a go at modeling part of MacTed's provenance of
provenance example.

Here's the description "i have a table, built in 1727 by joe smith ..."
I would model this in prov dm as:

entity(table)
wasGeneratedBy(table, built, 1727)
activity(built)
wasAssociatedWith(built,joe smith)

Now to talk about the provenance of that provenance (generated by an
email activity), I think I would do the following:

acccount(acc1,
     entity(table)
     wasGeneratedBy(table, built, 1727)
     activity(built)
     wasAssociatedWith(built,joe smith)
)

entity(acc_entity_id, [perspectiveOn=acc1])
wasGeneratedBy(acc_entity_id, emailing)

To me we can't just say

wasGeneratedBy(acc1, emailing) because the account may change and also
different people may take different perspectives on the account. So we
need to do a "freezing" operation thus making it into an entity. Then we
can talk about it's provenance.

Thoughts?
Paul