Re: Votes (deadline Thursday noon, GMT): ISSUE-225, objects in the Universe of discourse

Hi

as discussed, I agree with all the points below

-Paolo

On 1/25/12 3:38 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:
> All,
>
> 24h to go. We are trying to use the outcome of this vote to structure tomorrow's call.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Luc
>
> On 01/24/2012 01:56 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Paul and I have a strong desire to resolve the issue related to identifiers before F2F2.
>>
>> For information, we agreed on the following last week:
>> /    *All* objects of discourse ("entities") MUST be identifiable by all participants in discourse. Object descriptions ("entity
>> records" and otherwise)     SHOULD use an unambiguous identifier (either reusing an existing identifier, or introducing a new
>> identifier) for the objects described." (intent) /
>>
>> So, the next challenge (ISSUE-225) is to agree on the objects that belong to universe of discourse.
>> To facilitate the call on Thursday, we are putting forward a series of proposals. Can
>> you express your support or not in the usual manner.   On Thursday we will  discuss
>> proposals for which we didn't reach consensus.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Luc
>>
>> Proposal 1: Entities and Activities belong to the universe of discourse.
>>
>> Proposal 2: Events (Entity Usage event, Entity Generation Event,
>> Activity Start Event, Activity End event) belong to the universe of
>> discourse
>>
>> Proposal 3: Derivation, Association, Responsibility chains,
>> Traceability, Activity Ordering, Revision, Attribution, Quotation,
>> Summary, Original SOurce, CollectionAfterInsertion/Collection After
>> removal belong to the universe of discourse.
>>
>> Proposal 4: AlternateOf and SpecializationOf belong to the universe of
>> discourse
>>
>> Proposal 5: Records do not belong to the Universe of discourse
>>             This includes Account Record.
>>
>> Proposal 6: Things do no belong to the universe of discourse
>>   Note
>>
>> Proposal 7: Note/hasAnnotation do not belong to the universe of discourse
>>
>> Proposal 8: Event ordering constraints do not belong to the universe of
>> discourse.
>>
>> Proposal 9: Attributes do not belong to the universe of discourse.
>>

>> --
>> Professor Luc Moreau
>> Electronics and Computer Science   tel:   +44 23 8059 4487
>> University of Southampton          fax:   +44 23 8059 2865
>> Southampton SO17 1BJ               email:l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk
>> United Kingdomhttp://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~lavm
>>

> --
> Professor Luc Moreau
> Electronics and Computer Science   tel:   +44 23 8059 4487
> University of Southampton          fax:   +44 23 8059 2865
> Southampton SO17 1BJ               email:l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk
> United Kingdomhttp://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~lavm

--
Paolo Missier - Paolo.Missier@newcastle.ac.uk, pmissier@acm.org
School of Computing Science, Newcastle University,  UK
http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/people/Paolo.Missier