RE: complementOf -> viewOf: proposed text

Which one do you claim is wrong? Or do you think that paolo-in-cafe and stian-in-cafe are still alternates?

  -- Jim
From: Paolo Missier [Paolo.Missier@ncl.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:37 AM
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes
Cc: Paolo Missier; Luc Moreau; public-prov-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: complementOf -> viewOf: proposed text

Hi Stian,

but really,  alternateOf() is designed /precisely/ to provide to say that e1, e2, are different characterizations of the /same thing/.

So if you assert

alternateOf(paoloInCafe, customerOnRedChair)

then you are indeed saying that they are the same thing, only using different characterizations.
And if you then also assert that

alternateOf(stianInCafe, customerOnRedChair)

then inferring that

alternateOf(paoloInCafe, stianInCafe)

is exactly what you want. If they are meant to be different things in the world, then one of the two assertions should not be there
in the first place, right?

I hope we can agree on this!

--Paolo

--