Re: PROV-ISSUE-136 (collection-functional): Collection not stated as functional [Data Model]

This issue is still open, as DM is currently almost contradicting
itself on functionality. I've marked this as an issue in [1]:

> One can have multiple assertions regarding the state of a collection following a set of insertions, for example:
CollectionAfterInsertion(c2,c1, k1, v1)
CollectionAfterInsertion(c2,c1, k2, v2)
This is interpreted as " c2 is the state that results from inserting
(k1, v1), (k2, v2) etc. into c1

> Both relations are functional, in the sense that they represent a state change following a unique insertion/removal operation (or a unique set of them). Thus, from the pair of assertions:
CollectionAfterInsertion(c, c1, k1, v1)
CollectionAfterInsertion(c, c2, k2, v2)
one can infer: c1==c2, k1==k2, v1==v2, because one cannot have two
different derivations for the same final collection state.

We have to decide on one of these. My feeling is that it should be
functional on all parameters, because otherwise the open-world
assumption means there could also be an unknown additional
insertions/deletions between c1 and c. (This touches on ISSUE-137
[2]).

However, this then leaves ISSUE-138 open for how to represent multiple
insertions/removal. See separate email about this.

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/tip/model/ProvenanceModel.html#record-Collection
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/137
[3] http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/138

--