Re: prov-wg: Another name for Qualified?

On Feb 17, 2012, at 7:41 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:

>>> Great.  Btw, this exactly corresponds to the "names" of constituents, listed in the DM.
>>
>> Is this a WD4 thing? Could you give a pointer to where "names" of constituents is discussed? I couldn't find "consti" in WD4 or WD3.
>>

> I meant the names appearing in italic, e.g;
>
> Generation, written wasGeneratedBy(id,e,a,t,attrs) in PROV-ASN, has the following components:
>
> id: an optional identifier identifying a generation;
> entity: an identifier identifying a created entity;
> activity: an optional identifier identifying the activity that creates the entity;
> time: an optional "generation time", the time at which the entity was completely created;
> attributes: an optional set of attribute-value pairs that describes the modalities of generation of this entity by this activity.

I see. Thanks.

>>> Agreed. It's now time to build a corpus of examples. My ProvToolbox can make some conversions. Hopefully others will create other converters.
>>
>> https://github.com/lucmoreau/ProvToolbox ?
>> What can it do? You're short on wiki pages ;-)
>
> Sorry, it's a tool I have been using to test ideas.
>> If we start an ASN collection in prov hg, I can look at feeding them through ProvToolbox to get XML to transform to RDF with an XSL.
>

> It parses Asn, generates XML, json, and rdf (partially, sine yesterday)

Cool. What's the best way to get started with the toolbox?
How to run it, etc.

>> I'd ask someone else to start the ASN collection, since I failed to get traction the first time around.
>> Apparently my organization wasn't intuitive.
>>

> I think you were ahead of us,  we are just catching Up. Maybe you could explain again your structure and how we should use it.

My explanation has been at http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PROV_OWL_ontology_components#Example_instance_data
perhaps someone could review and provide feedback?

>>> Isn't the class  Involvement too broad in its current form?
>>> Shouldn't the pattern be reused under a different name for
>>> Entity-entity relations and activity-activity relations?
>>

>> I very much like this suggestion.
>> By "too broad in its current form", do you mean the 1) OWL axioms defining it, 2) its use, or 3) its naming?
>>
>> I've had the following in http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/8c14d0798b20/ontology/components/QualifiedInvolvement.ttl since Dec 02 2011
>>
> I was not familiar with this file.  It's not part of the provOntology.owl file :-(

Victim of design by committee :-/

Yup! I've added that to http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/739984da9cbe/ontology/components/Involvement.ttl

>> prov:QualifiedEntityInvolvement
>>    a owl:Class;
>>    rdfs:label "QualifiedEntityInvolvement";
>>    rdfs:subClassOf prov:QualifiedInvolvement;
>>    rdfs:subClassOf [
>>        owl:onProperty prov:qualifiedEntity;
>>        owl:minCardinality 1;
>>    ];
>> .
>>
>> prov:QualifiedActivityInvolvement
>>    a owl:Class;
>>    rdfs:label "QualifiedEntityInvolvement";
>>    rdfs:subClassOf prov:QualifiedInvolvement;
>>    rdfs:subClassOf [
>>        owl:onProperty prov:qualifiedActivity;
>>        owl:minCardinality 1;
>>    ];
>> .
>>

>> ^^^ this would be "simply named" according to today's discussions with the following \/:
>>
>> prov:EntityInvolvement
>>    a owl:Class;
>>    rdfs:label "EntityInvolvement";
>>    rdfs:subClassOf prov:Involvement;
>>    rdfs:subClassOf [
>>        owl:onProperty prov:entity;
>>        owl:minCardinality 1;
>>    ];
>> .
>>
>> prov:Generation rdfs:subClassOf prov:EntityInvolvement .
>> prov:Used rdfs:subClassOf prov:EntityInvolvement .
>> prov:Association rdfs:subClassOf prov:EntityInvolvement;
>>     rdfs:subClassOf [ owl:onProperty prov:entity;
>>                       owl:allValuesFrom :Agent ] .
>>

>> prov:ActivityInvolvement
>>    a owl:Class;
>>    rdfs:label "ActivityInvolvement";
>>    rdfs:subClassOf prov:Involvement;
>>    rdfs:subClassOf [
>>        owl:onProperty prov:activity;
>>        owl:minCardinality 1;
>>    ];
>> .
>>
>> The _unstated_ intent is that prov:entity and prov:activity are subproperties of rdf:object .
>>

> I understand now the design.
> I feel we have made good progress tonight,

Cool. Thanks.

-Tim