Re: PROV-O is currently within OWL-DL can we make OWL-RL?

Ok, I just did some ontology hacking and go Prov-O down to be within
the OWL-RL profile.

The first thing to do is easy and just not declare that Bundle,
Location and Note subclasses of owl:Thing.

The second thing I did was introduce a class called ProvElement as a
superclass of QualifiedInvolvment, Entity, and Activity and made that
the domain of hasTemporalValue. I'm not sure if that's good.

Finally, I did as Stian suggests and just say that the range of
hasTemporalValue is just prov:Time.

Anyway, maybe it's not exactly what we want to do but at least we know
it can be done :-)

cheers,
Paul

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> So I checked what owl profile PROV-O corresponds to using the handy OWL
> validator from Manchester [1] and confirms what Ivan had mentioned
>
> Currently, the ontology is within the OWL-DL profile.
>
> Here's the report for what is not in the OWL-RL file:
>
> Detailed report
>
> Use of non-superclass-expression where superclass-expression is required
> - Location SubClassOf owl:Thing
>
> Use of non-superclass-expression where superclass-expression is required
> - hadTemporalValue Domain Activity or Entity or QualifiedInvolvement
>
> Use of non-superclass-expression where superclass-expression is required
> - hadLocation Domain owl:Thing
>
> Use of non-equivalent-class-expression where equivalent-class-expression is
> required
> -Time EquivalentTo Instant or Interval
>
> Use of non-superclass-expression where superclass-expression is required
> - Bundle SubClassOf owl:Thing
>
> Use of non-superclass-expression where superclass-expression is required
> - Note SubClassOf owl:Thing
>
> I wonder if we can simplify this out...
>
> cheers,
> Paul
>

> [1] http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/validator/

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group
Artificial Intelligence Section
Department of Computer Science
VU University Amsterdam