Re: PROV-O ready for internal WG review - due 9 April.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 09:14, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> ex:correct prov:qualifiedAssociation [
>               a Association ;
>               prov:agent   ex:edith ;
>               prov:hadPlan ex:corrections
>           ] .
>
> it is strange to see prov:hasPlan, why not simply prov:plan (and similarly
> for other hadXXX properties).

Because we had a WG resolution ages ago that we would use verbs in
past tense for edges.

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/meeting/2011-09-01#resolution_2

We've ignored this rule for prov:agent/entity/activity as they are
really a kind of rdf:object for the reified triple.

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvRDF#4._Naming_style_for_prov:entity_prov:activity_prov:agent_is_RESERVED

One of the reason for this is that earlier we had some involvements
(like prov:Derivation) that had both entities and activities, and it
was unclear which of those properties was the 'real' involvement that
we were qualifying.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science