Re: about EntityInRole and assumedBy

There is also a problem assigning time to an entity (already pointed out by
Luc and Paolo).
If an entity is used by 2 different processes at 2 different times, and both
"usedAt" relationships
have as subject the entity, then we don't know which time corresponds to
which process execution.

However, I must admit that I forgot to add something to the different
approaches. For instance,
the first one (OPMO) is fully compatible with the third one (OPMV). As Luc
also pointed out in the
mailing list, we could use OPMV, and if we want to add more information to
the edges, we can add
the OPMO n-ary relationships to complement them.

Something similar happens to the second approach: we can link directly the
process to the entity with
the "used" property, and if we need more information, then we use the
"EntityInRole" for adding the time,
location, role, etc. What imo can be confusing here is that we would have 2
entities for refering to the same
"usage" relationship.

Satya pointed out that with the OPMO approach we would lose some semantics,
but I've been
thinking about it and I'm not that sure. According to what we discussed, he
claims that EntityInRole inherits the
properties of the role for that entity, but currently entityInRole is not a
subclass of Role. It is a subclass of Entity.

Anyway, I'm starting to be very ontology specific :) We'll continue the
discussion on monday.
Thanks,
Daniel