Re: Primer first draft for review

Luc,

Sorry for the delay in getting to this. I think the concepts
themselves (including tracedTo) are fine for me, but I found the
explanation a little confusing.

In particular, I was trying to work out what "precise" and "imprecise"
meant. The text above the table says: "precise or imprecise,
corresponding to n=1 activity or to n≥1 activties", but then the table
has "precise or imprecise" as a different dimension (columns) to "n=1
activity or to n≥1 activties" (rows).

The second paragraph of the section seems to say that imprecise means
the asserter didn't have knowledge of the activities underlying
derivation, including their number, but this cannot be the case
because there is a imprecise n=1 form in the table.

>From the definitions, I interpret that precise means that full
information about how the activity causing the derivation is related
to the derived and deriving entities, while imprecise means that only
the derivation relationship itself is asserted, right?

Thanks,
Simon

--
Dr Simon Miles
Lecturer, Department of Informatics

Provenance in Agent-mediated Healthcare Systems:
http://eprints.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/1273/