PROV-ISSUE-154 (RDF-provenance-service-uri): Include provenance-service-uri for RDF resources [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 08:27:43 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-154 (RDF-provenance-service-uri): Include provenance-service-uri for RDF resources [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/154

Raised by: Graham Klyne
On product: Accessing and Querying Provenance

(Originally raised by Stephen Cresswell and Luc.  E.g. see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-wg/2011Nov/0289.html)

> If a resource is published by HTTP, or it is HTML or XHTML, then we can
> link to provenance by provenance-uri or provenance-service-uri.
>
> If a resource is some form of RDF, then we can give provenance-uri (but
> apparently not a provenance-service-uri?).

You're the second person to raise this, and on reflection I'm finding it harder to justify the asymmetry.  (Originally I had this idea that the RDF case was somehow different, or aiming at use-cases where the provenance service made less sense, but on reflection I find it hard to sustain that argument.)