Re: feedback on Qualified Involvements wiki page

Stephan,

Thanks for your suggestions.

see within.

On Nov 6, 2011, at 9:06 PM, Stephan Zednik wrote:

> Hi Tim, Daniel, Satya,
>
> I reviewed the Qualified Involvements wiki page and I think it looks really good.  I think it may be beneficial to also work some time examples into the qualifiers, or an example of an extension of the qualifiers beyond just roles.

I added two new (stub) subsections to each qualified use. I hope this strikes a good balance of keeping simple and providing enough detail.
www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Qualifed_Involvements_in_PROV-O

>  I think qualifiers are a really important part of the model with use that far exceeds just roles, and that should be highlighted by this document.

Agreed.

> We can just be sure to bring it up in the telecon tomorrow and add any further qualifiers into the examples later.
>
> Also, I think the statement that Generation is a "pointing to the future" qualification may be something of a lightening rod, especially since this is a provenance model where we only intend to describe things that have actually happened.  I get what you are trying to say, but I wonder if there is not a better term we can use here?
>
> Perhaps "result" ?
>
> Generation describes a "result" of a process execution whereas Usage, Participation, and Control describe "drivers" on a process execution?  Or things that "affect" a process execution?
>
> affect vs result?

Very good point. It should be rephrased. I inserted a TODO on the document.

-Tim