Re: prov-dm derivation: three proposals to vote on (deadline Wednesday midnight GMT)

Hi Simon,

We didn't have transitivity on derivation because of the constraint on attributes but it was dropped last week.

If you think that we need a non-transitive relation wasEventuallyDerivedFrom, can you explain why?

Why do you come back on something you had agreed upon? If you don't make the link to the PE, how can you decide which PE underpinned the derivation?
To me, when generating provenance in a computational context, eg workflow, it's the only derivation that is grounded and can be verified.

Professor Luc Moreau
Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton
Southampton SO17 1BJ