PROV-ISSUE-144 (Tlebo): how is "reserved attribute 'type'" related to rdf:type? [Data Model]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 01:32:25 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-144 (Tlebo): how is "reserved attribute 'type'" related to rdf:type? [Data Model]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/144

Raised by: Timothy Lebo
On product: Data Model

The reserved attribute "type" is used a few places, but with no mention to its relation to rdf:type. This becomes particularly concerning when "subtyping" is mentioned. Should we avoid reinventing the wheel? Can we say somewhere that "type" SHOULD BE considered as rdf:type, and RDFS should be used to handle subtyping semantics and inference?

6. PROV-DM Extensibility Points

"Subtyping is allowed by means of the reserved attribute type."