RE: PROV-ISSUE-1 (define-resource): Definition for concept 'Resource' [Provenance Terminology]

They could be separate accounts, but that leads to two questions -
Do the legal and physical witnesses use the same identifiers in their
accounts? If so, we have a paradox/the witnesses appear to disagree. If
not, we can't connect the accounts.
If I'm a provenance aggregator (or we have a judge who would like to
read both accounts and make some claim about what the overall truth is),
how can I represent things in a way that shows that there is no paradox
in this case (that the legal and physical objects diverge over time)?

I would expect that in simple/low-level accounts, we'll often be talking
about only one perspective (or will think we are) and thus the world
looks relatively simple - some mutable thing has states that go through
processes to produce new states, but thinking of mutable things that are
related to 'things that hold some aspects of state constant' (legal
state, physical state, some physical state but not other parts of
physical state) allows the more general case. And, when we think we're
in the simple case but we find a paradox, or want to talk about agents
or sources around the edges of our main provenance trail, small bits of
the general case will sneak into an account.

Does that make sense?

 Jim

execution-artifact type