Re: PROV-ISSUE-47 (third-party-provenance): How to obtain provenance from a third party known by the user [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

I believe this is addressed by section 3.4
(http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/tip/paq/provenance-access.html#third-party-services),
which addresses precisely the use-case described by this issue.

Specifically, if I have the URI of a third party provenance service, and a URI
or identifying information about the target resource, a SPARQL query can be
constructed to locate the required provenance URI and/or data from that third
party.  I think availability of such information is pretty much a prerequisite
for creating any kind of third party provenance service - I can't see how it
might work without that.

I think this may have more to do with discussion around ISSUE 46
(http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/46) - the extent to which the
provenance information itself identifies the entity whose provenance it describes.