Re: PROV-ISSUE-49 (Participation): Suggested definition for Participation [Conceptual Model]

Hi,

I have a few questions/comments about this notion of participation.

1. Are we then saying the following?
       participates(pe,x) if  uses(pe,x) or isControlledBy(pe,x)

2. Paul, what do you mean by more general version of control?  Do you
mean more
     than the above?  If yes, can you clarify?

3. Satya, what do you mean by 'plays some other role in a Process
execution'?
     is it control? something else? is it role as defined in the
specification draft?

4. Do you want 'participates' to be something that is inferred, or
something that
     is asserted, or both?

5. Jim Myers also suggested something along the lines of:

      if participates(pe,x)  and ivpOf(x,y)  then participates(pe,y)

    Is it also in line with what you think participation is.

Regards,
Luc